WhittleFit group rides: week commencing 13th July 2020
Our WhittleFit group rides are back this week, with a little Tour de France twist! We'll visit Zwift’s new France map, with a historic climb to the magical summit of Ventoux via the new Virtual L'Etape de Tour route (Ven-Top).
- Tuesday 14th July: Tempo Tuesday (7:15am) Astoria Line 8 course (group workout)
- Thursday 16th July: Threshold Thursday (6:05pm) Duchy Estate course (group workout)
- Sunday 19th July: Virtual L'Etape de Tour (7:01am) Ven-Top ride (see below for link & details)
And here are the details of each session:
- Tempo Tuesday: A 60 minute no-drop group workout where the majority of the work is a tempo effort with the occasional splash of sweetspot or threshold work. We all do the same session (written by me), but we do it at our own intensities based on our functional threshold power (FTP), and by the magic of Zwift we all stay together. These sessions are great for boosting your FTP without destroying you, so you’re able to back up these sessions with your other planned sessions if you so wish, and also, they won’t be overly detrimental to your immune system. I will send out a separate email to the people who accept the invite for this ride as I need to send out the workout file and give instructions on downloading this file and how to join the meet up (it’s slightly different to joining a normal meet up).
- Threshold Thursday: Todays session is a 60 minute no-drop workout where we will be working on improving our functional threshold power (FTP) by working at threshold, sub-thresold and supra-threshold intensities. This is a tough session, tougher than our Tuesday session and you should go into this session slightly rested to get the full benefit. As with the Tuesday session, a separate email will be sent out to the athletes who accept the invite for this ride as a workout file needs to be downloaded.
- Sunday Social: This weekend our group ride is a change to the normal program and we'll be joining the Virtual L'Etape de Tour and climb the epic new climb of Ven-Top (based on the mountainous Ventoux course). This is not classed as a race, but many treat it as such, so you can take what you want from this event; race it or simply ride a brand new, epic course, based on the current virtual Tour du France course. There are various rides throughout the day, we plan on joining the 7:01am ride, but if the 9:01am slot suits you better, do that. The link to sign up is HERE.
If you have a Zwift account and fancy joining in with one of our group sessions, drop us a message at CONTACT US and we'll get you all set up!