WhittleFit group rides: week commencing 29th June 2020
The Zwift rides are really gathering pace now! This week we have our usual Tempo session on the Tuesday, our harder Threshold-type session on Thursday and this week we'll be skipping our Sunday ride, so everyone has a free Sunday this week.
Here’s the WhittleFit group rides for next week!
- Tuesday 30th June: Tempo Tuesday (7:15am) Watopia Mountain 8 course (group workout)
- Thursday 2nd July: Threshold Thursday (6:05pm) Lutscher course (group workout)
- Sunday 5th July: DAY OFF
- Tempo Tuesday: A 60 minute no-drop group workout where the majority of the work is a tempo effort with the occasional splash of sweetspot or threshold work. We all do the same session (written by me), but we do it at our own intensities based on our functional threshold power (FTP), and by the magic of Zwift we all stay together. These sessions are great for boosting your FTP without destroying you, so you’re able to back up these sessions with your other planned sessions if you so wish, and also, they won’t be overly detrimental to your immune system. I will send out a separate email to the people who accept the invite for this ride as I need to send out the workout file and give instructions on downloading this file and how to join the meet up (it’s slightly different to joining a normal meet up).
- Threshold Thursday: Todays session is a 60 minute no-drop workout where we will be working on improving our functional threshold power (FTP) by working at threshold, sub-thresold and supra-threshold intensities. This is a tough session, tougher than our Tuesday session and you should go into this session slightly rested to get the full benefit. As with the Tuesday session, a separate email will be sent out to the athletes who accept the invite for this ride as a workout file needs to be downloaded.
- Sunday Social: Enjoy a day off this Sunday!