WhittleFit group rides: week commencing 15th June 2020
We are back! This week we have our usual Tempo Tuesday session, we'll be racing on Thursday evening and we'll be riding the Muir and the Mountain course on Sunday, so bring your climbing legs as you'll need them!
Here’s the WhittleFit group rides for next week!
- Tuesday 16th June: Tempo Tuesday (7:15am) Whole Lotta Lava course (group workout)
- Thursday 18th June: OTAKAM Race Series (5:30pm) see below for details
- Sunday 21st June: Sunday Social (8:05am) Muir and the Mountain course (group ride)
- Tempo Tuesday: A 60 minute no-drop group workout where the majority of the work is a tempo effort with the occasional splash of sweetspot or threshold work. We all do the same session (written by me), but we do it at our own intensities based on our functional threshold power (FTP), and by the magic of Zwift we all stay together. These sessions are great for boosting your FTP without destroying you, so you’re able to back up these sessions with your other planned sessions if you so wish, and also, they won’t be overly detrimental to your immune system. I will send out a separate email to the people who accept the invite for this ride as I need to send out the workout file and give instructions on downloading this file and how to join the meet up (it’s slightly different to joining a normal meet up).
- OTAKAM Race Series: A change to the usual program this week, we’ll be taking part in the OTAKAM Race Series. This is a race against other cyclists in your catergory and is a test of fitness and skill (drafting, use of power ups, etc). If you're racing with us in the Welsh Grand Tour Series, this is the perfect opportunity to do a race on the Whole Lotta Lava course before the next race in the Welsh Grand Tour series. You have to sign up to the event on the Zwift Companion App or the Zwift website, and enter in a category that fits your current fitness level (based on your watts/kg). If you have any questions about the race or what category you should sign up as, please drop me an email. Here’s the link for signing up: LINK
- Sunday Social: Our weekend group rides will always be a no-drop ride, so as long as everyone keeps pedaling Zwift will keep the group together. The rides in general will be between 1.5 hours and 2.5 hours, and will vary between flat routes, undulating routes and hilly routes, so we should have something for everyone. And as the group stays together you can push as hard or as little as you like, but just to note, don't try to set a PB on the climbs or the sprints as they don’t count in Keep Everyone Together mode, but you can put in a big effort to help drag up the group!