WhittleFit group rides: week commencing 11th May 2020
The WhittleFit group Zwift rides are back next week! We had some great sessions over the last few weeks and this week we're mixing things up with our Thursday session being a British Cycling 10 mile TT race.
Here’s the WhittleFit group rides for next week!
- Tuesday 12th May: Tempo Tuesday (7:15am) Royal Pump Room 8 course (group workout)
- Thursday 14th May: British Cycling 10 mile TT (6:30pm) full details to follow
- Sunday 17th May: Sunday Social (8:05am) Big Foot Hills course (longer course, less climbing than previous weeks)
- Tempo Tuesday: A 60 minute no-drop group workout where the majority of the work is a tempo effort with the occasional splash of sweetspot or threshold work. We all do the same session (written by me), but we do it at our own intensities based on our functional threshold power (FTP), and by the magic of Zwift we all stay together. These sessions are great for boosting your FTP without destroying you, so you’re able to back up these sessions with your other planned sessions if you so wish, and also, they won’t be overly detrimental to your immune system. I will send out a separate email to the people who accept the invite for this ride as I need to send out the workout file and give instructions on downloading this file and how to join the meet up (it’s slightly different to joining a normal meet up).
- British Cycling 10 mile TT: A change to the usual program this week, we’ll be taking part in the British Cycling 10 mile TT event. This is a race against the clock and is a pure individual time trial (no drafting). You have to sign up to the event on the Zwift Companion App or the Zwift website, and enter in a category that fits your current fitness level (based on your watts/kg). If you have any questions about the event or what category you should sign up as, please drop me an email. Here’s the link for signing up: LINK
- Sunday Social: Our weekend group rides will always be a no-drop ride, so as long as everyone keeps pedaling Zwift will keep the group together. The rides in general will be between 1.5 hours and 2.5 hours, and will vary between flat routes, undulating routes and hilly routes, so we should have something for everyone. And as the group stays together you can push as hard or as little as you like, but just to note, don't try to set a PB on the climbs or the sprints as they don’t count in Keep Everyone Together mode, but you can put in a big effort to help drag up the group!