Team WhittleFit racing roundup - 6th & 7th April 2019
We had quite a few athletes and lots of friends of WhittleFit racing this weekend, lets see how they got on:
- Vienna Half Marathon: Lyndsay and Craig Patterson raced in Vienna this weekend at the Vienna Half Marathon race. Having not really trained many long miles Lyndsay still came away with a time only a few minutes off her PB and Craig was solid, running under coach Chris's orders to run at marathon pace (to help protect an ongoing injury). Well done guys!
- Machynlleth Sprint Triathlon: Steve Rowlands raced the Machynlleth Sprint Triathlon on Sunday, and sneeked a win, by 4 seconds! Great work Steve!
- Reverse 10: coach Henry raced the Reverse 10 mile race on the weekend, coming in the top 10 and 1st vet, nice work coach!
- Challenge Salou: James Peters raced the middle distance triathlon in Salou this weekend and came away with a sub-5 hour time and a PB, nice work James!
- Penarth Duathlon: we had lots of friends racing the Penarth Duathlon (a great turn out!) and coached athlete Luke Pryce came away with an excellent 3rd place for his first ever podium! Great work Luke.
- British Elite Duathlon Championships: Tom Foster raced in the Elite field at Bedford this weekend at the British Duathlon Champs. This was a stacked field and Tom did himself proud, mixing it with the elite and full-time professional athletes finishing a very respectable 25th position.
- RWC Vale Ultra Half Marathon: Cath Colleypriest, Emma Edworthy and Ben Tipping raced the Vale Ultra on Saturday (Ben did the 18 miler (edit: Ben finished 9th) and Cath & Emma did the 32 mile race). Very impressive displays all round, well done all, the WhittleFit coaches are extremely pleased!